Sunday, February 11, 2007

Pineapple Cheese Ball



Every year my dad has an open house at his Victorian home in Derby,Ia. This year my friends Brenda and Mona went with me. Brenda likes to push all the buttons and switches:) The refreshments are plentiful and the time spent with family and friends priceless. Linda made my favorite cheese ball and I ate too much of it. I forgot to ask her for the recipe, but when I was going through grandmas recipes I came across a copy of it. Brenda couldn't figure out the ingredients and wouldn't believe it was pineapple till Linda told her. It's really yummy. Go ahead and try some:)

2 8 oz pkg cream cheese,softened
1 8 1/2 oz can crushed pineapple,drained
2 cups chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 tsp seasoned salt

Beat cream cheese till smooth,add pineapple,1 cup pecans,onions and salt. Chill. Roll into ball and roll onto remaining pecans. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill till served.

No comments: