Friday, February 09, 2007

Veal Scallopini

As I was going through some things I came across some recipes I had forgotten about. A few years ago my uncles' house burned down and his family came to stay with us. My aunt likes to collect cookbooks and all of hers had burned. I went to some thrift stores and found her some. One of them was a book of crock pot recipes from Rival which I copied down. With 11 people living in your house a bunch of crock pot recipes come in handy. They also come in handy when it's cold outside and your really busy and you don't want to wash a lot of pots and pans:)

2 lbs
3/4 cup flour mixed w/1 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup oil
1/2 pound sliced mushrooms lightly sauteed
2 small onions thinly sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp oregano
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1lb can tomatoes

roll veal in seasoned flour and fry in oil till well browned. Put into crock pot, add remaining ingredients. mix well, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or noodles. Serves 6

No comments: